If you’re preparing to have a tooth extraction, it’s important to make sure that your mouth has the proper chance to heal. Otherwise your mouth may be at a higher risk of infection or damage. Listed below are a few tips to help keep the process moving smoothly:
– The most important thing to do after a tooth extraction is to get plenty of rest. You’ll want to avoid heavy labor or exercise.
– If your dentist, Dr. Jaime Rivera, offers any instructions for your recovery, it is always important to follow them. If you have any questions about your extraction recovery, do not hesitate to ask Dr. Jaime Rivera or a member of our dental staff.
– Should any problems or irregularities occur during the recovery phase, such as abnormal levels of bleeding or infection, be sure to contact your dentist.
– Your face and jaw may experience some forms of swelling, but ice packs and medications can keep it at a minimum. Always use medications as prescribed by your dentist and do not overdose.
– Do not attempt to drink or eat anything until your anesthesia has completely worn off, as it can present a choking hazard.
– When you do eat, make sure that you choose foods that are soft and not likely to irritate the site of extraction, such as mashed potatoes, smoothies and pasta.
Rivera Orthodontics wants to help your smile shine no matter what condition it is in. If you need an extraction, please contact our dentist office in El Paso, Texas, by calling us at 915-585-7550. Your smile is our business!