If your smile is improperly rotated, you probably are suffering from a malocclusion. Malocclusions are bad bites and misalignments present with your teeth and jaw. Bad bites can be the result of the environment, oral accidents, genetics, bad habits, improper oral hygiene, and a host of other conditions. Frequent malocclusions that require the aid of orthodontic treatment include:
– Misplaced midlines are present when your upper incisors fail to align with your lower incisors.
– Overbites, also called buck teeth, are present when your upper incisors stick out past your lower incisors.
– Crossbites are present when your lower jawbone sticks out past your upper jawbone.
– Rotation malocclusions are present when teeth are not in their proper location and position.
– Underbites, also called bulldog teeth, are present when your lower incisors stick out past your upper incisors.
– Transposition malocclusions are present with teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong space.
– Open bites are present when your upper and lower incisors failed to connect when biting down.
– Spacing malocclusions are present if you have overcrowded teeth, too many teeth, and irregular gaps between teeth.
Don’t wait until it’s too late for an orthodontic treatment for a malocclusion. If you would like to know if you need braces or any other form of orthodontic care, please book an oral exam with Dr. Jaime Rivera and our team at Rivera Orthodontics at our orthodontic office in El Paso, Texas, by calling us at 915-592-5853. The perfect smile of your dreams is only a visit away!