Embrace your orthodontic care treatment options. Make the most of your braces and the services they can provide by taking the best of care of both them and your teeth and gums. Depending on your service type, your aligners may be able to be removed, and if so, it is important to clean them so they do not harbor more bacteria that can promote tooth decay or gum disease.
Here are some service reminders to keep your orthodontic treatment at its peak:
– If you should suffer an oral accident which damages your braces, use your orthodontist-provided wax until a visit can be made to fix your braces,
– Always make sure to practice safe and effective oral hygiene habits, including brushing and flossing your teeth. Use dental tools that are specially designed for braces.
– Always be sure to visit your orthodontist at Rivera Orthodontics for all your regularly scheduled appointments and adjustments. Any skipped sessions could delay your recovery time and hamper your treatment effectiveness.
– If you have a retainer, always make sure it is cleaned adequately.
– Take extra caution when protecting your teeth and braces. If you are doing any strenuous activity, such as winter sports, or contact sports, be sure to wear proper safety gear such as helmets, mouth guards, and face protectors.
– Certain foods and snacks can get lodged between your teeth and braces. If possible, avoid harmful products that can get stuck in these areas.
For more tips and helpful hints to keep your braces at their best, please contact Rivera Orthodontics to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jaime Rivera. Our office is located in El Paso, Texas, and we can be reached by calling us at 915-592-5853. We look forward to shaping your smile!